Reasons NOT to exercise
1. I don’t like the gym
Not everybody has to go to a gym to exercise just walking up and down a flight of stairs equates to exercise. You can learn how to workout at home, in the garden, a nice walk (throw in a few hills and steps). Learn how to lift weights safely and you can work out in your sitting room. A half hour exercise a day will make all the difference to your well being.
2. I hate exercise
Ok let’s use different words – activity, movement, fitness. You will surprise yourself. Cleaning the house, move quicker, put on some music while doing the hovering. Go for a nice walk, cycle. Join a dance class. Mow the grass, walk to the shops. Increase your movement daily. You may find you do like exercise as you increase your activity.
3. I don’t know how to exercise
A common reason not to do exercise but this is what your personal trainer is for. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, guidelines. If you don’t know how to do something just ask for it to be showing to you again!
4. I really want to exercise but I don’t have time with being busy looking after the children
Bring them along. What a better way to exercise than pushing a pram up a hill! Or first thing when you drop them off to school, don’t even think about it and you will find it easy to fit that half hour/hour in. You can have a personal trainer come to your house!
5. Too tired
Try it! You will be surprised how exercise will make you feel and in the long run, you will have more energy for your daily regime.
6. I can’t keep up in classes
It is possible you have taken too much on too soon. Step back, start at the beginning, and don’t overdo it.
7. I don’t need to exercise.
Some advantages of exercise;
* Decrease risk of disease and bad health like high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease
* Improves your mood by stimulating chemicals that make you feel happier
* Increases your energy levels as it helps your lungs and heart work better
Changed your mind yet?
Speak to your personal trainer about help with all the above. They will help you find a schedule that will work for you.